A message from NM State Rep. Dist. 54 Jim Townsend.
“I’ve said this before, that in the New Mexico Legislature this year, “you just can’t make this stuff up”. Here is a little rundown of a few things the majority leadership is passing through the House.
1. A budget with a 4.7% increase, which is better than the last two years of 12% and 8% respectively.
2. Repealing the law that criminalized abortion. HB7
3. A Civil Rights Act $9MM/year HB4
4. Climate Solutions Act HB9 $20MM/year
5. Sustainable Building Tax Credit $2.1/year
6. Real Estate Transfer Tax $60MM/year. You pay when you sell your house.
7.Healthy Workplace Act. Exempts State Employees so they don’t have a fiscal impact but will cost New Mexico businesses more than $50MM/year
8. HB30 Farmers and Ranchers restrictions on leasing water rights.
9. Environmental Data Base $.5mm/year HB51
10. All Felons on Parole can Vote HB74
11. Approve Recreational Marijuana. Several Bill addressing.
12. Electric Generation Projects IRB. On one project alone is costs the State $40MM. More to come. corporate welfare and absolutely horrible public policy. New Mexicans subsidizing California power.
13. Raise Minimum wage. HB 110
14. Health Benefits for Non Citizens. HB112 ?$10MM/year.
15. Clean Electrification Act. HB137 $14mm/year
16. Public Banking Act $50MM/year
17. Tax Code Changes $52MM/year
I’m told all tax increases exceed $500,000,000 this year…….and it isn’t over yet.
This list goes on and on. There are a few good Bills that will better the lives of New Mexicans, however are children are still not attending school full time as everyone of our neighbors are. Our businesses are still restricted and our future is controlled by the Governor who is reluctant to follow any of our neighbors to freedom. Ill be glad when our Governor quits picking a new color and allows our State real freedom without her interference.”
State Rep. Dist. 54, Eddy,Chaves and Otero Counties